JOIN OUR FAMILY
Our opportunities know no geographical boundaries.
From North America to Asia, our Family is growing globally and quickly, and so can you.
Reporting to – CFO
- Develop and implement internal controls and management information reports.
- Maintain and enhance the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Maintain proper and accurate accounting records including but not limited to general ledger, asset, contract, insurance and other pertinent records.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with ASPE
- Ensure accurate and timely month end and year end close.
- Ensure clean and timely year end audit.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Monitor and analyze department workflow to enhance efficiency and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting which includes corporate tax returns and HST filings.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, cost center closings, early closings and policies and procedures.
- Control the cash flow position throughout the company, understand the sources and uses of cash, and maintain the integrity of funds, securities and other valuable documents.
- Support multi-level business strategic planning and KPI process. Research strategic planning and KPI software, oversee implementation and use, and prepare detailed analysis, summary outputs, and presentations for use by internal management and owners for decision-making.
- Remain current on Restaurant and Retail industry-specific technologies and emerging trends.
- Assist with strategic planning, identification and monitoring of KPIs and implementation of department/company-wide initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with the executive team and stakeholders. Enhance cross-functional collaboration by fostering trust, commitment, accountability and results.
- Prepare reports/analyses and participate in other projects as needed.
- Other ad-hoc projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Professional accounting designation (e.g. CA/CPA) in good standing from a recognized North American Institute required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in financial reporting, operations and controls; restaurant industry experience preferred.
- Public accounting experience required, preferably with a “Big 4” accounting firm.
- Solid technical accounting skills (ASPE, IFRS); knowledge of US GAAP a definite asset.
- Proficiency in creating accurate financial documents and reports; ability to analyze complex business and accounting issues; interest/prior experience with financial modelling is a plus.
- Experience in cost analysis and ERP implementation is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team in a high-growth, fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, openness to new ideas/procedures and ability to take on challenging tasks and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Prior work experience with an international restaurant concept (particularly with US locations) or private equity funded companies considered a plus.
Reporting To – Finance Manager
- Responsible for all areas of general accounting, accounts payable, revenue cycle, financial reporting and driving the month-end close process
- Prepare monthly and quarterly GST/HST/QST returns
- Maintenance and creation of accounting schedules and reconciliation of various financial accounts (both balance sheet and income statement)
- Identify and implement process improvements for existing month-end close process & reconciliations
- Assist in the creation and implementation of policies and procedures to enhance internal controls
- Assist with timely and accurate monthly reporting and analysis, prepare retail monthly financial statements/review subsidiary monthly financial activity for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in the preparation for annual audit
- Participate in the rollout of finance projects and initiatives
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Post-secondary education in Accounting/Finance
- Required – 3+ years of relevant accounting work experience
- Working towards accounting designation an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Nav, Dynamics 365, or NetSuite is an asset
- Systems implementation experience an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
- Problem solver with strong analytical background
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Reporting To – HR Manager
- Prepare payroll data for entry and transmission to payroll service provider.
- Prepare payroll breakdown report for journal entries to Finance Department.
- Timely filing of all payroll-related returns & remittance of statutory payments, such as WSIB, EHT returns, Record of Employment.
- Accurately maintain, organize and filing of all payroll records.
- Prepare and balance year-end reporting/returns (T4, T4A, T2200).
- Year- end reconciliation and adjustments to taxable benefits.
- Administer payroll duties as required.
- Reconcile payroll deductions with monthly group benefits plan statements.
- Process new hires, terminations, salary/rate changes, group health benefits rate changes on the payroll system.
- Maintain and update all personnel files re benefits related changes.
- Other tasks/projects as assigned including ad-hoc reporting as assigned.
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in payroll and benefits administration
- PCP designation an asset
- Experience with ADP WFN an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to understand and apply policies, legislation, regulations to payroll processing
- Focused on providing exceptional support to our internal customers with a positive attitude and friendly disposition.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to deal with payroll issues with a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written English communications; verbal Japanese an asset.
Reporting To – Director, Marketing and Communications
- Support processes of SNS platforms
- Coordinate updates and layout changes of company website
- Provide suggestions on layouts and formatting of marketing materials
- Organize and coordinate events
- Support new business initiatives
- Conduct market research on trends and new opportunities
- Communicate effectively and assist internal team to ensure deadlines and goals are being met
- Photograph new food items for menus and promotional material
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of Marketing experience
- Experience working in restaurant or hospitality sector an asset
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in using Design software – Photoshop, InDesign an asset
- Photography experience an asset